Ongoing recruitment for the position of Food Technologist (Bakery / Pastries) at Willers Solutions Limited . Apply Now if you meet the requirements.
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable FMCG firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist (Bakery / Pastries)
Employment Type: Full-time
The outline below are the responsibilities intended for the employee, you can go through them to better understand your responsibilities before you are given employment:
- Develops new products leveraging expertise in food chemistry, food ingredient functionality and experimental design
- Manages and oversees R&D technical functions such as sensory, shelf-life testing, legal label claims, product/packaging improvement
- Manages and develops scientific approaches to business needs in areas of flavor and microbial shelf life
- Provides product costs based on commodities, ingredients, and product formulations
- Responsible for sourcing ingredients and leveraging vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Develop and maintain product specification, ingredient statements, allergen information and formulas for seasoning blends; then incorporate respective information into the label design process as needed
- Participates in production trials and works with new product start-ups- ensure products are made to spec.
- Works with production personnel on scale up of new products, suggests initial order quantities for ingredients and packaging, obtain cost of materials
- Provides support on technical and / or quality issues
- Act as a technical resource to support quality issues, answer questions about products, production capabilities, labeling regulations
- Present new products to customers; often involves cooked preparation of multiple items or full meals
- General awareness of NAFDAC regulations, restricted / limited ingredients and approved processing procedures
- Optimizes cost / quality and process improvements contributing to increased product quality and profitability for the business
- Designs tests, interpret results and recommend next steps in product development
- Assists QA / QC in the analysis of product that generates customer complaints.
Below are the necessary requirements needed for this job offer, go through the requirements carefully and make sure you provide them for this job application:
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Food Science and Technology is a must
- Minimum of 5 years Cognate Experience years as a Food Technologist in a Bakery
- Must be able to lead a team of 4 – 5 people
- Must have Leadership experience
- Ability to work in accordance with safety and food safety policies.
- Must reside in Lagos
- Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV in MS Word Format to:
using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail e.g “Food Technologist”. Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.