Job opening at Vodacom communication, Candidates can start to apply for a permanent Contract, Application will be closing soon.
Legal Assistant At Vodacom Communication – South Africa
Posting Country: South Africa
Date Posted: 10-Jun-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
To provide support within the Legal Affairs SA team. This role is comparable to what is generally known as a function of a paralegal. Accordingly, this entails being part of and supporting a business unit tasked with navigating the company through various complex legal pitfalls in its operating environment. The Legal Assistant works under the supervision of and mentorship by the designated Executive Head of Division (EHOD).
Your responsibilities will include:
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Support the EHOD and other team members in their various consultations with the rest of the Vodacom business units
Undertake basic legal research
- Drafting and vetting of various basic business agreements
- Drafting and reviewing of various correspondence
- Drafting and reviewing of various group wide reports
- Liaison with external service providers such as attorneys and advocates
- Liaison with other Vodacom business units
- Periodically reviewing company-wide policies to ensure compliance and alignment with legislation and Vodafone policies, where applicable.
- Investigation and reporting on customer and stakeholder queries which arise from time to time
- Request and obtain basic documentation and information relating to claims against Vodacom
- Provide support in the management of legal tools and ensuring that those tools are effectively utilised.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of the basics of South African law of contracts and/or mercantile law (Essential)
- Basic understanding of the South African telecommunications regulatory regime (Advantageous)
- Excellent speaking, reading and writing skills (Essential)
- Ability to undertake basic legal research(Essential)
- Basic understanding of Civil Court Procedure together with the High Court Rules (Advantageous)
- Excellent law office administration function(Essential)
Job Related Skill:
Systematic and analytical
Good inter-personal skills
Work under pressure
Self-starter, solution oriented and problem solver
Ability to prioritise matters
Applying expertise and technology
Learning and research
Planning and organizing
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience, which must include a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a law office (Minimum Requirement)
- Telecommunications sector work experience (Advantageous
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Matriculation certificate or other SAQA accredited equivalent qualification (Essential)
- South African Paralegal Studies Qualification (Essential)
- Law degree or other law Diploma (Advantageous
Closing date for Applications: 17 June 2021
The base location for this role is, Midrand, Vodacom Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded.
We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Click here to apply online