MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2021 is ongoing for the position of Senior Manager, Tax. Only qualify Candidates are allowed to Apply.
Read up the Requirements carefully and see if you are qualified to apply for this position.
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Tax
Location: Golden Plaza, Lagos
Employment Status: Permanent
Department: Financial Reporting / Tax, Insurance
Core Purpose of the Job
- To coordinate and report on all tax accounting, compliance, planning, advisory and risk management functions in MTN Nigeria.
- This will entail internal and external stakeholder engagements with a view to achieving the MTNN’s corporate objective of being a responsible corporate entity and maximizing shareholders’ returns.
- Proactively manage and engage relevant tax authorities.
- Gather new tax legislation/rules and assess impact of proposed and actual changes in tax law on the company.
- Identify and manage tax risks across MTN Nigeria and provide guidance to the Board and MTN Group on potential up or downside. (Tax risk facilitator per Group nomenclature)
- Define and implement MTNN’s tax strategy.
- Represent MTNN before various tax bodies for audits, advocacy, escalations, etc. and ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Liaising with the MTN Group Tax for all tax planning and efficiencies that can be brought to the MTN Nigeria business.
- Ensure compliance with new and old tax laws and accounting standards as they relate to all tax areas.
- Provide advisory services and liaise with relevant divisions on tax compliance and accounting matters.
- Negotiate tax agreements within acceptable company guidelines.
- Resolving tax queries with relevant authorities.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Minimum Qualification
- B.A, B.Ed, B.Sc or Other.
- Experience & Training:
- 9 – 17 years’ work experience in tax administration including;
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in a public limited liability entity
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in tax.
- Telecoms industry experience will be an advantage.
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
To Apply, Click here
Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment(2 Positions)
1. Head of Grocery at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option…. Read more about the Company.
Job Title: Head of Grocery
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 10 years
Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
As Head of Grocery, you will be responsible for managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all (PG, OnDemand Services, Grocery Hypermarket Stores, and Provision stores).
- Managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all.
- Sourcing the 5K products+ necessary to cover all grocery consumer needs on eCommerce.
- Ensuring all retail supply is going through the revamped retail contract with the right economics for Jumia.
- Managing the assortment of our dark stores to cover 1,5K+ products (from ecom to dark stores).
- Acquiring hypermarkets, supermarkets, chains of provision stores on our quick commerce to cover key areas.
- Ensuring 100% availability for eCommerce and dark stores by managing daily replenishment of our main warehouses and dark stores.
- Ensuring AAA customer experiences.
- Coordinating with marketing to enhance visibility on our different value propositions.
- Creating and maintaining the ecosystem of tools, processes.
- Launching Brand to Store with the key grocery brands.
IS Grocery vs target for each line of service (Ecommerce, quick commerce hyper/chains of provision stores, dark stores).
“# of orders on eCommerce with more than 10 unique SKUs.
“# Availability in JE for eComm next day.
“# Availability in Jumia Dark stores.
“# of hyper/provision stores on ODS with more than 500 SKUs live.
Requirements & Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable university (MSc/MBA is a plus).
- +10years from the retail industry, directly involved in managing sourcing (Game, Shoprite, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
2.Compliance Manager, Monitoring at Jumia Nigeria
Job Title: Compliance Manager, Monitoring
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Law / Legal
As Compliance Manager, Monitoring, you will play a key role in ensuring that Jumia is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as communicating and facilitating a culture of ethical behavior and integrity to all employees, business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Support the operations of the compliance function of the Company with particular emphasis on transaction monitoring and business partner compliance reviews.
- Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies.
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
- Responsible for managing and training a team of compliance analysts.
Requirements & Qualification
A minimum of 5 years experience as a Compliance Officer
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University in the field of Law (MBA/MSc is a plus).
Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills.
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
More Jobs on Jumia you will like to Apply