The Killam Pre-doctoral Scholarships will be awarded base on outstanding awards to all international students around the world. The scholarship has been opened for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Dalhousie University is among the North America’s most hospitable and with a reputation of the most friendliest, it is one the oldest university with more than 18,000 international students
The Dalhousie University is one the Canada’s top 15 research universities. The graduate works with leaders in their field to develop themselves in that field. The students mostly conduct fields work locally and Globally with a full access to to physical and digital library collections that enables students to pursue almost any line enquiry of data or history.
Pre-doctoral Scholarships at Dalhousie University Canada
All students are advised to apply for the scholarship on or before 15th January, 2022, the scholarship award for the University is about the amount ranging from $10,000 per term even plus relocation allowance. Getting a degree is always beneficial in Dalhousie University as they aim in providing pre-doctoral scholarships to students around the world.
If you are an international student looking for pre-doctoral scholarships then Dalhousie is for you, the scholarship is also available to all Canadian students
Approved Courses/ Subjects:
The scholarship in Dalhousie University will only be awarded in Sciences, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences. So if you are a student who wants to study in he mentioned in the listed courses, then this scholarship is for you
Criteria For Eligibility:
- The Killam awards at Dalhousie University is open for both Canada and international students
All aspiring applicants are also expected to have applied for the funding from relevant provincial, National or International agencies.
- For Canadians students these may include SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, NSHRF, NSGS, etc. as applicable for their discipline. And also the Non-Canadian students are expected to have applied for provincial scholarships (NSGS, etc.) and National/International scholarships for which they would be eligible.
- All aspiring students whom are Killam pre-doctoral scholarship holders must be eligible to receive scholarship support for at least two years.
- Therefore this signifies that at the Master’s level only newly entering students will be considered. And then at the Doctoral Level only those students who has spent less than 24months in the program by 1st of May of the award year will be considered
List Of Supporting Documents:
- Reference Letters
- Supplementary Documents Needed
Admission Requirements Needed:
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 (At least B average) in the last 60 credit hours of study
- All students Degree must have been granted by universities of recognized standing
Supported Language Requirements:
- All international applicants whose first language or mother tongue is not English Language must demonstrate their true capacity in English language convincing enough for them to be able to participate in a graduate level program in English Language before even the admission is awarded to them.
- The Language competency test may actually be waived only if the applicant has completed a degree at a recognized University where the language of instruction is English
Scholarship Benefits Awarded:
- Master’s (level 1): All students in this category will be awarded an amount of $6666.66 per term + ITF (international students) + relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Doctoral (level 2): All students in this category will be awarded an amount of $10,000 per term + relocation (if applicable) + President’s Award for two years
Scholarship Application Procedures:
- All aspiring candidates whom are willing to study at the University should complete their graduate application form Online or Print
- After you have must have done that, then you can proceed to completing the Scholarship Application Form Here